Skip to content
Photography | Hints & TipsLucy Lewis2022-01-14T15:02:47+00:00
Hints and tips for photographers
- All photographs must be securely mounted on A4 size board (210mm x 297mm).
- You can either spray mount your photograph directly onto the mount board or buy pre-cut mounts with or without windows, from ‘The Cabin’ shop in The Trinity WR1 2PN Worcester City Centre or Midland Fine Arts near Kidderminster DY11 7RA.Alternatively you can buy mounting board from various art shops and cut your own to size.
- To print your photographs there are many online companies such as http://www.photobox.co.uk/.Alternatively London Camera Exchange 8 Pump St WR1 2QT and most Boots outlets can print your photographs.
Class 1002 – An action shot
- Could be a static subject with a moving background e.g. a man standing next to a moving train.
- Pan shot could be used, make sure the camera is set to a relevant shutter speed whilst the photographer is tracking the movement of the subject, creating a sharp subject on a blurred background.
Class 1003 – Macro
- Don’t necessarily need a macro lens, most digital cameras have a macro facility.
- Make sure the subject is sharp throughout
- REMEMBER LIGHTING Lighting is important in all genres of photography!
Class 1004 – A black and white photograph
- This is a black and white only category, no sepia or ‘colour popping’ images will be accepted.
- Consider the use of different tones of black and white. A good range of midtones will make a good photograph.
Class 1005 – An amusing photograph with a Caption
- You can put your own caption within the photo or put a label on it.
Class 1006 – ‘Wildlife’: A photograph of flora or fauna in the natural environment
- Particular care needs to be paid to the accuracy of the reproduction of the colours of the subject matter in your print. Demonstrating your grasp of ‘depth of field’ to emphasise important elements of your picture should greatly enhance it.
Class 1010 – Under 18s only – My Best Shot
- The choice of subject is yours and can include any of the above.