|Class 601||New A basket arrangement representing Historic Worcester to mark the 400 year
anniversary of the City Charter
|Class 602||New Create a summer frontal arrangement display
|Class 603||New A floral head dress
|Class 604||New A reflection of your experiences during 2020 - 2021
|Class 605||UNDER 18s ONLY Anything from classes 601 to 604
The Duckworth Worcestershire Trust Trophy will be awarded to the winner of this section.
Please note, the Floral Decorations / Art Section will be staged and judged on Saturday 14 August.
Please read section rules very carefully. Failure to comply may lead to disqualification.
- All exhibits will be displayed on a table; table depth is approximately 610mm.
- Displays may be partially assembled before staging in the Show marquee.
- Only completed displays to be placed on the show bench. Extra tables will be provided for
- Flowers in all classes need not be grown by the exhibitor.
- Accessories are allowed unless otherwise stated.
Hints and tips for exhibitors
- Use sharp scissors and cut stems at angles so that there is a greater area to absorb the water
- Remove any damaged leaves
- Place foliage on the display first, add the flowers last
- Use wires or pins to make something sit in place
- Do a practice one at home
- Use the small pieces that you cut off if possible
- When you are creating it keep standing back and having a look at it
- Be careful of using big stems as the oasis will disintegrate
- Use an odd numbers of flowers
- Ask yourself:—is there movement in it? Is the foliage varied and of different shapes? Are there interesting flowers?
- Gypsophila is a good filler flower
- Soak the oasis before you leave home and travel to the park on the day
- Remember you don’t have to totally hide the bowl Bing a trug or similar to collect any unwanted foliage / flowers
- Spray water over the display when you have finished